Monday 6 September 2010

Blogs: Adding Gadgets to a Blog

When clicking the design tab at the dashboard of blogger, the user can edit the layout and add "gadgets" to the blog. When I clicked on design, the following screen appeared:


Blogger, provides a series of gadgets which one can add to their blogspot to make their blog more aesthetically pleasing, interactive and easier to use. When you click on "Add a gadget", blogger provides an online brochure of various different gadgets available for the blog:

Today, I created a bloglist gadget in the design section of my blogger account. The URLs of the blogs were added in the settings of the bloglist gadget. In the settings, we can change the name of the link so that someone looking at my blog, or myself, can easily identify what blog it is. I also added to class members so that I can easily locate their blogs and compare my work:
After adding a bloglist, I created a newsreel at the bottom of my page, this changes every few seconds to display a different news story related to ICT. When I clicked "edit" I had the option to configure which news topics appeared:

 The result of adding these gadgets can be seen in the screenshots below:

Bloglist
Newsreel

No comments:

Post a Comment